Report to: Engineering Dept. Manager
Under the direction of Manager for broad product engineering services, including but not limited to product development, product modifications and technical service.
- Conducts extensive new product development and product modification work, following ISO procedures
- Is responsible for complete all of new product development process, till to final launch the product to the industries application
- Works with all departments in effecting a smooth and efficient completion of the product development plan.
- Work with international colleagues to hit the project targets.
- Maintain tracking records of development to products in the ERP system, make sure whole project processes be correctly inputted into related ERP/PDM modular.
- Setup product parameters, specifications, and engineering drawings per both global and GB standards. Recommends capital expenditure requests for purchase of prototype tools and parts.
- In conjunction with Purchasing Department, works with vendors to take proper methods for getting qualified prototype.
- In the product development process considers:
d.quality acceptance criteria
f.design review requirement
- Handles field complaints and product failures. Analyzes problems, rendering solution or recommendations after proper engineering and laboratory studies.
- Provides technical support to Production, Sales, Marketing, and Sales supporting as required
- Conducts product seminars at the R&E facility or at customer's place of business.
- Capable of managing complex, priority-driven programs. Represents R&E as a project coordinator that utilizes input from outside resources. Coordinates all activity necessary to complete project objectives.
- Clarify the project open issues, evaluate the project risks and manage the project risks.
- Take recycle of products design improvement per requests to cost down and products performance upgrade.
Qualifications / Experience
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 8 years with proven experience in a combination of project management and product development
- Familiar with Project management tools, ERP and project softwares.
- Strong material knowledge and metal heating treatment process knowledge.
- With manufacturing and fabrication method experience is desired
- Professional CAD skills in at least any one of the following 3D software Pro-E, UG, SolidWorks
-"Quality first and customer first" mindset;
-"Endless improvement" mindset;
- Teamwork mindset;
- Self-start and will to take challenge;
- Minimum of five years engineering experience with power utility and related design practices.
- Good written and verbal skills in both English and mandarin be required.
- Communicates effectively with both Local people and oversea sites.